4. What subsystems of English (such as e.g. spelling) were most strongly affected by the process of standardisation in this period?
5. The Great Vowel Shift 
- mismatch between spelling and pronunciation: begun in ME, spelling fixed by early XVI century, but the sound kept changing).
- change of quality of all long vowels (stressed syllables)
- standardization of the language: synthetic -> analytic
- most significant of all phonological developments in English
- change in pronunciaion of verb tense